2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing
The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 delivers an impressive maximum towing capacity of 12,200 pounds. When you add in its maximum payload capacity of 2,543 pounds, you get the capability you need for your Omaha area jobsite, or for hauling a boat, camper, or horse trailer to the Pawnee State Recreation area. The new Chevy Silverado is built with a hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame and can be equipped with integrated towing features, making it one of the strongest light-duty pickup trucks on the market, a powerful alternative to its heavy-duty sibling.
Towing Capacity by Engine Option
The towing capacity and performance capability of the 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 depends upon which of the four powerful engines you choose:
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: The standard base engine produces 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque, providing a towing capacity of up to 7,000 pounds.
- 4.3L V6 Engine: The V6 engine delivers 285 hp with a best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque, and a towing capacity of 7,900 pounds.
- 5.3L V8 Engine: With this V8, the Silverado 1500 can deliver 355 hp, 383 lb-ft of torque, and an impressive towing capacity of 11,600 pounds.
- 6.2L V8 Engine: The most powerful of the Chevy Silverado 1500 engines generates a whopping 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque, and can tow the maximum of 12,200 pounds.
The Chevy Silverado 1500 is a robust pickup truck, and it offers a number of features that make towing and hauling around Fremont easier:
- Trailering Package: This standard Chevy Silverado 1500 package comes with a trailering hitch platform, a 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a seven-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: This package can be added to select trim levels. It includes the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, and more.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: These extended view towing mirrors are available accessories that make towing safer in and around Lincoln.
Explore the Chevy Silverado at Sid Dillon Auto Group
See how the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 compares to the Nissan Titan and GMC Sierra to find out which of these pickup trucks offers the kind of towing capacity, performance, and tech features you want. Or, explore towing features on the GMC Sierra 1500 or Ford F-150 if you’re still browsing truck options. Then, contact Sid Dillon Auto Group to schedule a test drive.
Latest on Pickup Trucks Near Omaha
The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 delivers an impressive maximum towing capacity of 12,200 pounds. When you add in its maximum payload capacity of 2,543 pounds, you get the capability you need for your Omaha area jobsite, or for hauling a boat, camper, or horse trailer to the Pawnee State Recreation area. The new Chevy Silverado…
When fully equipped, the 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 has a 12,200-pound maximum towing capacity. Sid Dillon Auto Group has all the information you need about the new GMC Sierra towing capability. Whether your Omaha towing needs are big or small, this truck has got you covered. GMC Sierra 1500 Overview Truck Lease Deals GMC Sierra 1500 Towing Design…
If you’re in the market for a capable new pickup truck near Lincoln, then you’ll want to check out the new truck specials at your local Sid Dillon dealership near Fremont, including options on the 2018 Ford F-150. Check out the robust towing numbers and innovative towing features on Ford’s full-size pickup here, and then…