2019 GMC Sierra Towing Capacity
When fully equipped, the 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 has a 12,200-pound maximum towing capacity. Sid Dillon Auto Group has all the information you need about the new GMC Sierra towing capability. Whether your Omaha towing needs are big or small, this truck has got you covered.
GMC Sierra 1500 Towing Design and Capability Options
When fitted with the Double Cab, 6.2L V8 engine and Max Trailering Package, the Sierra 1500 is capable of handling up to 12,200 pounds. In addition to this package, this pickup truck’s towing capability is also dependent on:
- Engine Options: 2.7L turbo engine, up to a 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
- Truck Bed Length: Short Box or Standard Box
- Cab Style: Crew Cab or Double Cab
- Drivetrain: 4WD or 2WD
Opting for the Crew Cab style will allow you to tow between 6,500 and 12,100 pounds, while the Double Cab GMC Sierra 1500 can tow between 6,600 and 12,200 pounds. Do note, however, that the Double Cab will have a smaller interior.
ProGrade Trailering System
What is the ProGrade Trailering System? It is available, not standard, towing technology that will assist you when you’re towing using high-resolution cameras, integrated smartphone apps, and your Sierra infotainment display. Towing through Lincoln has never been so easy!
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: This incredibly helpful app includes features like pre-departure checklists, programmable trailer brake settings, Trailer Theft Detection, and more.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: Gone are the days of not knowing your trailer lights are out until someone tells you. With this app you can test your trailer lights even when you are on your own.
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: Even seasoned experts need a little guidance sometimes. This will show you a dynamic grid line with zoom capability, allowing for precise hitching on the first try.
Available GMC Sierra Towing Features
- Max Trailering Package: With this package you’ll be able to tow with a higher weight limit with a 9.76-inch rear axle and 3.42 axle ratio, enhanced cooling radiator, revised shock tuning, heavier-duty rear springs, and a 220-amp alternator.
- Trailering Camera Package: This package is incredibly helpful with two side view mirror cameras that will give you confidence when changing lanes and reversing with your trailer in tow. For additional visibility, you can also get a trailer-mounted camera.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: When you reverse your truck using Hitch View, the Electronic Parking Brake will automatically set once the truck is in park, so you don’t have to worry about rolling.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: You can manipulate and monitor your trailer brakes using control buttons found on the center console.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: This available feature will adjust the transmission shift points, throttle mapping, and StabiliTrak depending on which drive mode you select.
Find the Perfect Pickup at Sid Dillon Auto Group
Have you decided between the 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 and the GMC Sierra 1500? Find your very own 2019 GMC Sierra and take your towing abilities to the next level, visit our showroom near Fremont. Explore our inventory to find what suits you, then schedule a test drive. If you have any questions or want to learn more about GMC Sierra technology and features, feel free to contact us today!
Latest on Pickup Trucks Near Omaha
The first thing you should know about the 2019 Nissan Titan is that the lineup actually consists of two different pickups! The first is the standard consumer-focused model, which can tow up to 9,660 pounds with a single cab. The second is a high-powered variant designed for the Lincoln job site, and designated by the…
The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 delivers an impressive maximum towing capacity of 12,200 pounds. When you add in its maximum payload capacity of 2,543 pounds, you get the capability you need for your Omaha area jobsite, or for hauling a boat, camper, or horse trailer to the Pawnee State Recreation area. The new Chevy Silverado…
When fully equipped, the 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 has a 12,200-pound maximum towing capacity. Sid Dillon Auto Group has all the information you need about the new GMC Sierra towing capability. Whether your Omaha towing needs are big or small, this truck has got you covered. GMC Sierra 1500 Overview Truck Lease Deals GMC Sierra 1500 Towing Design…