2020 RAM 1500 Towing Capacity
How much can a 2020 Ram 1500 tow? When equipped with the right features, the light-duty 2020 Ram 1500 can tow as much as 12,750 pounds. This earns it a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. Learn more about the new Ram 1500 towing capacity as well as its other performance specs.
Ram 1500 Engine Options
The 2020 Ram 1500 can be equipped with several great engine options, and all engine choices have something unique to offer drivers from Omaha to Fremont. No matter which one you select, it is paired with a standard class-exclusive TorqueFlite® eight-speed automatic transmission. Let’s check out the impressive engine specs:
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine Upg I:This engine generates 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. Towing capability reaches as much as 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine: This powertrain makes up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and can tow as much as 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine:This powertrain shares the same specs as the option above, but towing power is increased to 12,750 pounds.
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine: This diesel option produces up to 260 hp, 480 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 12,560 pounds — the highest diesel tow rating in the class.
Payload capacity varies by trim level from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds.
Features that Enhance Towing Power
When it comes to towing, engine power is not the only component worth noting. This light-duty pickup offers some of the best features in its class to make towing a boat or camper through Columbus or Blair hassle-free and safe.
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This transmission works in tandem with the eTorque mild hybrid system. This contributes to the efficiency of the Ram 1500, allowing it to earn up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The Ram 1500 features 14.9-inch brakes for optimal stopping power even in less-than-ideal road conditions.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This optional feature monitors your blind zones. It also takes trailer length into consideration.
- Multi-Function Tailgate: This available tailgate has a 60/40 split gate. Hauling bulky items has never been easier.
Test Drive the 2020 RAM 1500 with Sid Dillon
Interested in more details on the 2020 RAM 1500? We would be glad to show you all that it has to offer. Stop by in person or contact us today. If you would like to know more about your financing options, we would be glad to assist you as well. You can also compare the RAM 1500 and the Ford F-150.
Latest on our Models
The 2021 Nissan Rogue is the newly-designed update to one of the most dependable compact SUVs in the Omaha market. For 2021, you can get a max Nissan Rogue gas mileage of 27 mpg city, 35 mpg highway*. Sid Dillon covers your Nissan Rogue trim options and other important 2021 Nissan Rogue mpg facts below! View…
The 2021 Chevy Express interior dimensions provide Omaha businesses and other van drivers access to the space they need to haul gear, tools, deliverables, and people or to create a livable camper. Read this guide to the 2021 Chevy Express van interior written by the experts at Sid Dillon in order to learn more about how…
Despite being a compact SUV, the 2021 Hyundai Tucson interior includes a comfortable amount of space and comes packed with a list of impressive features. Offering seating for five and expansive cargo space, the Hyundai Tucson lets you bring loved ones and luggage along for the ride through Lincoln. Sid Dillon provides a look inside the…
*Class based on Light-Duty pickup