2021 GMC Sierra Towing Capacity
Need a truck that can take it to the limit in Omaha? When equipped with an available 3.0L Duramax® Turbo-Diesel engine, the 2021 GMC Sierra towing capacity reaches an incredible 11,800 pounds. Below, the Sid Dillon team breaks down the GMC Sierra max payload, towing capacity, and other specs at each Sierra trim level.
2021 GMC Sierra Towing Capacity by Trim Level
GMC Sierra max payload and max towing capacity will vary by configuration. Six Sierra trim levels (Sierra, SLE, Elevation, SLT, AT4, and Denali) and two engines allow you to customize your GMC pickup for the performance you need on the job in Lincoln. Here’s what you’ll need to do to reach the max 2021 GMC Sierra towing capacity for each trim:
Sierra, SLE, Elevation & SLT
- 2021 GMC Sierra towing capacity of 11,800 pounds with available 6.2L V8 engine and Max Trailering Package
- 20 city / 23 highway mpg with standard 2.7L turbo engine
- 2021 GMC Sierra towing capacity of 9,200 pounds with 5.3L V8 engine, AT4 Crew Cab Short Bed, and available 4WD
- 16 city / 21 highway mpg with standard 5.3L V8 engine
- 2021 GMC Sierra towing capacity of 9,200 pounds with 5.3L V8 engine and 2WD Denali Short Box model
- 17 city / 23 highway mpg with available 5.3L V-8 engine
GMC Sierra Features for Better Towing
Take advantage of your GMC Sierra max payload capacity with industry-first towing features like a Six-Function MultiPro Tailgate, the ProGrade™ Trailering System, and an in-vehicle Trailering App and CarbonPro™ carbon-fiber composite bed. Select the Max Trailering Package to equip your truck with these performance-enhancing features:
GMC Sierra Max Trailering Package: $1,125 MSRP
- Automatic locking rear differential
- Handling/Trailering Suspension Package
- Enhanced cooling radiator
- Revised shock tuning
- Heavier duty rear springs and increased RGAWR
- 9.76″ rear axle
- 3.42 axle ratio
- Trailer brake controller
What is the ProGrade™ Trailering System?
Available advanced towing features are just what you need if you’ll be dealing with rough terrain. Stay in control with high-resolution cameras and other sensors that monitor road conditions and trailer sway in real-time:
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: Keep an eye on your trailer with dynamic gridlines and zoom capabilities.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: Rest assured that your trailer lights are functioning properly, even when you’re towing solo.
- In-Vehicle Trailering and Smartphone App: With the touch of a button, access security and safety features like Trailer Theft Detection, a pre-departure checklist, programmable trailer brake settings, and more.
Test Drive a New GMC Sierra for Sale in Lincoln!
Ready to find out how a new GMC Sierra will transform your toughest Fremont job sites? Reach out to schedule your test drive at Sid Dillon today! While you’re here, compare it to the 2021 Silverado 1500, and see how much you can save with our exclusive new vehicle lease and finance offers.
More About GMC Models
Need a truck that can take it to the limit in Omaha? When equipped with an available 3.0L Duramax® Turbo-Diesel engine, the 2021 GMC Sierra towing capacity reaches an incredible 11,800 pounds. Below, the Sid Dillon team breaks down the GMC Sierra max payload, towing capacity, and other specs at each Sierra trim level. View GMC…
When fully equipped, the 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 has a 12,200-pound maximum towing capacity. Sid Dillon has all the information you need about the new GMC Sierra towing capability. Whether your Omaha towing needs are big or small, this truck has got you covered. GMC Sierra 1500 Overview Truck Lease Deals GMC Sierra 1500 Towing Design…