What is the Towing Capacity of a Ford F-150?
If you need a capable, hard-working pickup truck that can meet the demands of your Omaha area job site, then you should take a look at the 2019 Ford F-150. With its impressive performance specs and a best-in-class max towing capacity of 13,200 pounds, it’s no wonder that the F-150 is America’s best selling truck. Learn more about the F-150 towing capabilities in this guide from Sid Dillon.
2019 Ford F-150 Towing Capacity Specs
The Ford F-150 is offered in seven trim levels with five available engines to choose from. The towing capacity and payload vary depending on which engine and configuration you choose. Here’s the 2019 Ford F-150 towing capacity by engine:
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6 Engine: Max towing capacity is 7,700 pounds.
- 2.7L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: Max towing capacity is 9,000 pounds.
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine: Max towing capacity is 11,600 pounds.
- 3.0L Power Stroke® Diesel Engine: Max towing capacity of 11,400 pounds.
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: Max towing capacity of 13,200 pounds.
2019 Ford F-150 Towing Tips
Whether you’re on the job, or hauling a boat or trailer out to Branched Oak State Recreation Area, we’ve got some tips for you to safely enjoy the F-150 towing capacity:
- Ensure your tires are properly inflated
- Secure items you’re towing firmly in place
- Keep extra distance between you and the person ahead of you
- Allow for extra clearance when passing another vehicle
- Merge carefully while towing
- Take advantage of these innovative Ford F-150 towing features:
- Factory-installed trailer brake controller
- Smart trailer tow connector
- Dynamic hitch assist with line-of-site guide
- BLIS® blind spot monitoring system with trailer coverage
- 8-inch productivity screen provides trailer information
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™
Enjoy Best-in-Class Towing With the 2019 Ford F-150
Along with the best-in-class Ford F-150 towing capacity, Fremont and Hayward area drivers will also enjoy a best-in-class payload capacity of 3,270 pounds with the 5.0L V8 engine. Check out our truck specials, and if you’re shopping for a pre-owned pickup, explore our used truck inventory. Ready to experience all that the 2019 F-150 has to offer? Contact your local Sid Dillon dealership to schedule a test drive today!